POURQUOI? [8/7/16, 19:02]


All my life I have always done things because it's expected of me. The expectations didn't necessarily steam from within me but from without; others. And I honestly don't regret any bit of it.

But after a tragic event in my area that reminded me once again of the vanity of life, I decided to change the dance; I decided to do something cos it's what I want and not what others wanted.

I decided to indulge myself in some past-time passion of mine. So I went into the world of music— not to sound arrogant, but I virtually know a little of my onions about a lot except music, so I went to rectify that.

One day, in this "music-world" we had an argument about the delicate topic; "churches". 

And someone made this point about his reason for being in his present denomination and why he can't change church that surprised me. 

According to him, 'he can never leave his church for a church that his present church is senior to'. {Lol😅}

Now, that is probably his reason for being an ardent member of his denomination and it's left to him and his Creator.

The big question is; what is your reason for serving God, for being a Christian or an Adventist?

Are you simply one cos you were born into the fold, or cos it's the familiar/safe zone?
 
Or like my friend, are you there because your church is the most senior or you are a senior/important member where you are at and you can't afford to start afresh somewhere else where you get to listen to someone else's directives for a change? 

Or are you there cos you are looking unto man instead of God￾the author and finisher of our faith?

Or are you there because you have met God at the point/zone you are at and you are personally convinced that God's presence is ever there?

During my University days and service year, I had the rare privilege of visiting some churches and still being spiritually alive. I say privilege cos some visit and don't remain the same; either positively or otherwise.

While some may frown upon the idea of tasting the waters, I personally believe it's necessary if you are yet to know your reason for serving God or being where you are.
 
And one thing my sampling the few churches has helped me with is to solidify my faith in God—Hallelujah🙌

Now, I'm not an advocate of sampling denominations, my genuine advice is that you get to have a personal encounter/ relationship with Baba God—discover your own reason(s) for being in your present church or religion.

Discover why He's too good, intentional, miracle worker, promise-keeper, light in the darkness, wisdom of the wise, the only true God and limitless.

Get out of the herd of those who neither know the author nor His book!

As we continually walk with Christ Jesus, May God help us to serve Him for the right reasons that are absolutely selfless...Amen!

#Amara-NonyeThoughtspiration

Comments

  1. Well said and on point!!!

    I am caught up by the last part of the write up of 'serving God for the right reasons that are absolutely selfless'.

    More power to your elbow sis...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UnTedlikeTedx

The 'Reluctant' Saviour